- RoadRunner traffic barricades are visually more substantial and command the respect of drivers.
- High visibility alerts drivers sooner to safety hazards ahead. Linear design makes a positive visual separation between vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians.
- Optional water or sand ballast can be added to 'anchor' barricades in place.
- Compact stacking saves up to 80% in transportation, storage and handling costs:
- 270 units, or over ¼ mile of continuous barricade can be shipped on one 53 ft. truck.
- Fast and easy deployment, in straight or curved lines of a highly visible and continuous plastic barricade with strong physical presence.
- More positive visual delineation of public traffic and work areas in a uniform and consistent manner.
- NCHRP 350 tested and approved for use on the US National Highway system when water filled up to 45 pounds (max. weight: 100 pounds).
- Can be deployed water filled or dry.
- Very low centre of gravity.
- Not easily knocked or blown over.
- One cubic foot of water weighs 62 pounds
- One cubic foot of dry sand weighs 100 pounds
- One cubic foot of wet sand weighs 120 pounds
- Many times more convenient than concrete. No heavy equipment needed. (Additional reflective devices must be used with concrete barriers to increase visibility.)
- More effective and safer than drums, cones or other barricades. RoadRunner safety barricades are visually more substantial. They command the respect of drivers and can be noticed from a greater distance away. (Greater 'shy' distance.) Drivers can more quickly determine the route or lane change ahead.
- Water filled plastic barricades fill the VISUAL void between small portable barricades and concrete barriers.
- Much less likely to fly through the air than drums or wood and metal barricades when clipped by moving vehicles.
- The rounded, smooth and relatively soft surfaces limit potential vehicular damage. A traffic control device must be less hazardous than the hazard marked.
- Effective in all weather conditions. Water can be dosed with salt or environmentally compatible antifreeze to prevent freezing. In the event of freezing, it is unlikely the barricade will be damaged. All polyethylene used in RoadRunner plastic barricades is stabilized against degradation from ultraviolet light.
Enhance the level of safety on your next Safety Plan with RoadRunner traffic safety barricades.